Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bye Bye Blog Marketting - hello to myself

Picked up this book called blog marketting some weeks back... thought I'll promote a product I wrote- on my blog... but ok; seems that kind of blogging is not my cup of tea.

Been posting & mailing bloggers right, left and center... all of last week and more... and no replies; not a single mention of my game on even one blog-page.

But ok; yesterday was different... mailed a german blogger called e61effect whose blog I stop by once every few weeks and click on links, maybe translate a post or 2 into english... got a reply from him... was asking if I also have a Nokia E61... yes I do!

I took that as a question asking if I also have a E61 blog... replied... that set me thinking if trying to educate the world about technology really is my cup of tea.

Maybe I need to shift focus.... stop trying to become Darla Mack (Darla = http://darlamack.blogs.com/ she's got one great blog)- coz educating people with my deep-knowledge just isnt my cup of tea.

Maybe I need to be more like Joel... Joel as in http://www.joelonsoftware.com - Joel's style is a lot more like mine... he shares his deepest ideas instead of dumbing down stuff for people... ok, so lots of stuff gets beyond most people... but atleast he's enjoying his writing instead of compulsively trying to draw people in.

Dunno tho if that'll get me any readers... but ok, here goes!!!

And yeah... Matze, if you're reading this... keep reading, because now is where my blog becomes interesting... casting some light on where I'm coming from, thinking-wise.
(German E61 Blogger... great guy, great blog, check out http://e61effect.wordpress.com/ his thinking's closer to mine than it is to Darla Mack's)

Also, along the way, I'm gonna review some mobile blogs I've passed through... who knows, maybe someday, some blog marketeer reading my blog might indeed benefit!!!

1 comment:

LocalGuy said...

cool scene... now lets see where the myself marketting takes you...
Phonekit
phone kit 2